The historic old town from Gengenbach
Gengenbach is from Loßburg and Alpirsbach 1 hour drive. As Gengenbach has a train station you can also take a train to get in town.
Find the fitting vaction home in the Black Forest close to Gengenbach
Inform yourself, get tips and travel ideas for your next vacation in Gengenbach in the Black Forest. In each season a great travel destination. Enjoy our special facilities with Sauna, Whirlpool, fireplace and more in our dream-vacation rentals and vacation homes.
Here you get to the Vacation houses
A walk through the beautiful old town
Gengenbach is a real gem and there are a lot of remains of a medieval town. It is precisely the many small streets and nice angles that draw the visitor into its spell. The city offers every 2 weeks on Wednesdays a guided tour. Information at the Tourist Board.
Do not forget to visit the beautiful church in the monastery and schedule a trip to the historic herb garden of the monastery. A special experience is to experience the Gengenbach Christmas market and to be every night there when a door is opened at the big Christmas stockings.
Far beyond the borders Gengenbach well the Gengenbach Carnival is an unforgettable experience. Gengenbach is one of the strongholds of the Kinzig valleys Fasnacht and inspired by own carnival traditions.
Natural adventure pathway "large and little robber Hotzenplotz Pfad" Gengenbach
In the Forest of Bermersbacher Forst. Starting point is at the in Strohbach.
A tour with the night watchman through Gengenbach
In the unique historical urban fabric of Gengenbach is to draw a special experience with the night watchman through the historic town. Each week offers a tour with the night watchman is organized.
For more information / appointment, find out the tourist office, phone 07803/930143.
Prices: The tours are free
- The Christmas market with calender you see on the picture here left.
- Foolsmuseum at Niggelturm
- Rafters Museum
- House Löwenberg
- Artists Way from Gengenbach to the vines with nice view on town.
- Müllers Mühle in Dantersbach 5, 77723 Gengenbach 07803 2795 opened from Wednesday to Friday at 16, Sat from 14, Sundays and holidays from 11. Very traditional inn "Vesperstube" very nice located in a side valley.
- Drink and dinner direct at wine makers, we call this basic rural restaurant "Strausse":Eichbergstrauße from Weingut Huber in Reichenbach. Opens two times for 2 month each year. check out on the website.
This and much more tips you find here in our E-Book:
Download our free E-Book: Our secret tips for your vacation in the Black Forest.
30 Pages travel tips